for Medical Professionals
Partnering with you to help people live healthier lives
- 23andMe is the first and only company that has received marketing authorization from the FDA for a direct-to-consumer genetic test. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. We achieve this mission by making genetics accessible, affordable, simple and engaging to consumers.
- We recognize your important role in our consumers’ lives, and we want to work in partnership with you to help people live healthier lives. To support you, we have recruited a best-in-class medical team and are creating resources to guide you as genetic information is integrated into clinical practice.
- Genomics holds the promise of health and wellness, which is why we go beyond genetic testing, engaging our consumers in research with the goal of accelerating therapeutic development.
Learn more about 23andMe.
Managing patients who want to discuss their 23andMe experience with you
23andMe is more than just a genetic test. It is an engaging experience for people to learn about genetics in the context of carrier status*, ancestry, wellness and traits.
Help your patients plan for the future by finding out if they’re at risk of passing on an inherited condition.
Patients learn about genetic factors that may affect their well-being, helping them manage their lifestyle choices.
People can discover their ancestors, living relatives and geographical origins.
People have the opportunity to explore their personal attributes from food preferences to physical features.
The 23andMe experience is for people who are curious about their DNA. It is not intended to diagnose a disease or predict the risk of developing a disease in the future. 23andMe Carrier Status reports may, in certain cases, contain information that could provide you with valuable information for your patients’ clinical management.
Learn more about managing patients who bring 23andMe carrier status results to discuss with you.
Explore our genetic reports
Carrier Status*, Ancestry, Traits and Wellness
23andMe offers more than 60 genetic reports. Each report provides accurate, high quality data in a format that is easy to understand and interpret.
Explore our genetic reports to better understand the types of information your patients receive and may share with you.
Genetics is an opportunity for health and wellness
Engaged patients are looking for ways to take control of their health.
The 23andMe experience is one way they can gain personal insights and motivation to participate more in their health care.
Patients that have participated in the 23andMe experience have a unique opportunity to:
- Be more engaged in their own health management and therefore more receptive to health and wellness recommendations
- Have a deeper understanding of their own family history
- Bring health and wellness results to you for use in their clinical management
Learn more about how the engaged patient is an opportunity for health and wellness.
Meet the 23andMe medical team
As part of our commitment to our consumers and you, we formed a team of some of the best and brightest people in genetics, medicine and digital health.
Our 23andMe medical team members have published more than 200 peer-reviewed studies in scientific journals in just the last few years.
Read about our medical team here.
Join our medical community
The 23andMe Medical Professional Community is designed to help medical professionals better understand and experience personal genetic testing for themselves. By registering for the program, medical professionals can receive a 23andMe analysis† as well as regular updates from 23andMe or chat with a member of the 23andMe medical team.†One kit per eligible provider while supplies last, subject to terms and conditions.
Join our mailing list for more updates from 23andMe
Experience 23andMe yourself by ordering a kit
Chat with a member of the 23andMe medical team