for Medical Professionals
Partnering with you to help people live healthier lives
- 23andMe is the first and only company that has received marketing authorization from the FDA for a direct-to-consumer genetic test. Our mission is to help people access, understand and benefit from the human genome. We achieve this mission by making genetics accessible, affordable, simple and engaging to consumers.
- We recognize your important role in our consumers’ lives, and we want to work in partnership with you to help people live healthier lives. To support you, we have recruited a best-in-class medical team and are creating resources to guide you as genetic information is integrated into clinical practice.
- Genomics holds the promise of health and wellness, which is why we go beyond genetic testing, engaging our consumers in research with the goal of accelerating therapeutic development.
Learn more about 23andMe.
Managing patients who want to discuss their 23andMe experience with you
23andMe is more than just a genetic test. It is an engaging experience for people to learn about genetics in the context of carrier status*, ancestry, wellness and traits.
Help your patients plan for the future by finding out if they’re at risk of passing on an inherited condition.
Patients learn about genetic factors that may affect their well-being, helping them manage their lifestyle choices.
People can discover their ancestors, living relatives and geographical origins.
People have the opportunity to explore their personal attributes from food preferences to physical features.
The 23andMe experience is for people who are curious about their DNA. It is not intended to diagnose a disease or predict the risk of developing a disease in the future. 23andMe Carrier Status reports may, in certain cases, contain information that could provide you with valuable information for your patients’ clinical management.
Learn more about managing patients who bring 23andMe carrier status results to discuss with you.
Explore our genetic reports
Carrier Status*, Ancestry, Traits and Wellness
23andMe offers more than 60 genetic reports. Each report provides accurate, high quality data in a format that is easy to understand and interpret.
Explore our genetic reports to better understand the types of information your patients receive and may share with you.
Understanding genetics and 23andMe's service
Watch a webinar at your convienience
Gain valuable insights into 23andMe and personal genetics by viewing one of our free educational seminars. All are created with the busy clinician in mind — to deliver key information and answer the most pressing questions. Topics include:
- Big Data and Human Health
- Genetic Ancestry Matters in Precision Medicine
- Using Genetics to Guide Pharmacotherapy
Check out all of our resources, including webinars, guides and events.
Meet the 23andMe medical team
As part of our commitment to our consumers and you, we formed a team of some of the best and brightest people in genetics, medicine and digital health.
Our 23andMe medical team members have published more than 200 peer-reviewed studies in scientific journals in just the last few years.
Read about our medical team here.
Join our medical community
The 23andMe Medical Professional Community is designed to help medical professionals better understand the 23andMe experience. By registering for the program, medical professionals will receive important updates from 23andMe, including notices about new features and upcoming educational programs, and opportunities to engage with 23andMe in a variety of ways (e.g., surveys, research, collaborations). You can also connect with a member of the 23andMe medical team.
Join our mailing list for more updates from 23andMe
Experience 23andMe yourself by ordering a kit
Chat with a member of the 23andMe medical team